-

THM Sadaqa Group

Your Standard Salafi Curriculum Guide

Benefits

Forum Home > The Origins of Evil > What Defines Evil?

thmsadaqagroup
Administrator

Nothing is considered to be evil until Islam certifies it as such. And so, everything (recorded in the Quran and Sunnah) that Allah and the Messenger of Allah (sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam) has prohibited, is evil.

For example, believing men and women have been commanded to lower their gaze. As a result, (the question) do they understand or do they not understand the vice involved with looking at a strange man or strange woman?

A faithful Bedouin was asked:

"Why did you become a Muslim?" he replied, "There isn't anything that Allah's Messenger sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam has commanded that my intellect questions or second-guesses by saying. 'if only he (the Messenger of Allah sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam) would prohibit it.' "There isn't anything that he sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam has declared lawful in which my intellect questions or second-guesses by saying. 'if only he sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam would declare it unlawful.' and there isn't anything that the Messenger of Allah sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam has declared unlawful in which my common sense says, "I wish he sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallaam would permit it."

Allah ta`ala said:

And when they commit a Fahisha (evil deeds), they say: "We found our fathers doing it, and Allah has commanded us of it." Say: "Nay, Allah never commands a Fahisha. Do you say of Allah what you know not? Say: My Lord has commanded justice... Surah Al-A`raf: 28-29

Page 21

February 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.